Monday 5 September 2011

Kuih Onde Onde

Onde-Onde is one of the traditional kuihs in Malaysia. It is made from glutinous rice flour. Some recipes add in sweet potato to make the skin softer and sweeter.

The cute little rice balls are infused with pandan juice which gives it the green colour and fragrant taste. They are filled with Gula Melaka which when bitten into, burst into a mouthful of sugar surprise. Finally, the kuih is coated in freshly grated coconut which gives it a savoury taste and makes it look like Christmas during a fresh snow fall.


This kuih is not only cute but truly yummy. It is small yet it is abundant in flavours and yes once you eat one, you definitely can't stop until they are all gone.

I made ondeh-ondeh one night with my daughter and girlfriends. It was a fantastic night as my girl friends and I gathered in the kitchen and spent the night chatting and making these little delights.

I have here the end result of our nights work. Our husbands love them and I am sure you will too.


No comments:

Post a Comment